Open positions for season 2018-2019
Field leader, Tropical Island Conservation, Thailand
Duration: full season of 4,5 months, possibility to come back the following season
Start date: 20th of November 2018
End date: 31.3.2018
Field leader responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage the field team; staff, volunteers and interns
- Ensure all project tasks and activities are successfully done
- Responsible for data collection and accuracy
- Coordination of tasks, transports, accommodation, food, finances etc.
- Communications and reporting to project manager
- Writing a report in the end of the season
- Field project experience in a sea turtle conservation project
- Research and data collection experience
- Responsible and mature person that can handle the pressure of changing circumstances
- Physically fit and able to do any project activity including long walks on the beach
- Good at organizing and coordination skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently in a rural environment without western comforts for long hours
- Gets along with different types of people from many different backgrounds
Successful candidate can commit to the period above and follow Naucrates rules and code of conduct. Person understands the need of the organization to run the project with care and to respect organization’s values.
- Any dietary restrictions or allergies should be communicated at the time of applying as some may not be possible to cater for
- Applicants should also note that work days are 7 days a week and there are no regular days off.
- Remoteness means no access to western comforts and very limited social life, lack of technically advanced tools and equipment and changing circumstances
- Please read the project description before applying
Salary/Stipend or Expenses:
Field leader is to cover their own travel expenses to and from the Island (including international travel), their own visa expenses and travel insurance. Accommodation, food and monthly pocket money (8000 Thai baht) is provided by Naucrates.
Deadline for application:
Cover letter explaining your experience and skills, with a CV and a recent photo must be send by email to bookings (at) naucrates.org by 20th of August 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by 10th of September.