Open positions for season 2019-2020
Field leader, Tropical Island Conservation, Thailand
Duration: 88 days minimum possibility of returning the following season
Start date: (to be confirmed) 20 November 2019
End date: 31.3.2020
Field leader responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage the field team; staff, volunteers and interns
- Ensure all project tasks and activities are successfully carried out
- Data collection and accuracy
- Coordination of tasks, transport, accommodation, food, finances etc.
- Regular communication and reports to the project manager
- Write a comprehensive report at the end of the season
- With the assistance of Naucrates staff, plan and develop a work plan before the season starts
- Field project experience ( it would be an asset if he/she has experience in a sea turtle conservation project)
- Research and data collection experience
- To be a responsible and mature person that can handle the pressure of changing circumstances
- Physically fit, able and willing to do any project activity, including long walks on the beach
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- Good English communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a rural environment with little western comforts, for long hours
- Can mix well with different types of people from many different backgrounds
Successful candidates must commit to the period above and follow Naucrates’ rules and code of conduct. The candidate must understand and fulfil the needs of the organization, by running the project with due care and respect of the organization’s values.
- Any dietary restrictions or allergies should be communicated at the point of application, as some needs may not be possible to cater for
- Applicants should also note that work days are usually 7 days a week, with no regular days off.
- The remoteness of the island means little access to western comforts and very limited social life, lack of technically advanced tools and equipment, as well as the possibility of changing circumstances (for example there are no shops, night club, Banks, etc)
- Please read the project description before applying
Salary/Stipend or Expenses:
The Field Leader is to cover their own travel expenses to and from the Island (including international travel), their own visa expenses (tourist visa, 2 x 2 months ) and travel insurance.
Accommodation, food and a small monthly salary (8000 Thai baht) is provided by Naucrates.
Deadline for application:
Please enclose a cover letter explaining your experience and skills, with a CV and a recent photo, to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (boo kings (at) naucrates.org), by 5th of September 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by the20th of September.