Naucrates Conservation Project is seeking for students or just freshly graduated people, who are interested in joining our field team in Thailand and help identify and investigate critical environmental problems in the area in which we operate.
Naucrates Conservation Project is well established in Thailand by Naucrates staff in collaboration with local community leaders, representatives from government, research and academic institutions, non-profits, local land owners, and other stakeholders.
You can propose a topic or choose one from our proposed list. During the field work you would collect and analyze field data and write up a scientific report in the end. This enables you to learn about field work and help the Naucrates Conservation Project and local community to achieve their long-term Conservation and sustainable development objectives.
- Prepare a work plan on a specific conservation topic if your own proposal or follow the established methodology with our existing research.
- Design possible needed datasheets and training materials for volunteers
- Collect data in the field and reference investigation
- Data entry and analysis
- Help the project team with other project activities
- Write a report on the research topic and create a presentation with photos
Possible topics in the conservation area
- Sea Turtle behavioral observation (existing methodology)
- Beach profiling (existing methodology)
- Bird survey (existing methodology)
- Butterfly survey
- Bio-diversity survey
- Weather survey and climate change
- Eco-tourism survey
- Mangrove restoration
- Community Conservation center
- Natural history museum
Internship position include orientation, accommodation (might be shared) and 3 meals a day. Internships are available between 1 December 2015 and 30 March 2016. Minimum Internship time is 5 weeks.
Volunteers can exchange work for reduced room and board costs. We offer subsidized room and board to volunteers at the cost of 280€/ week.
Please e-mail us with your interests, experience (CV) and preferred timeline.