The 2014 Naucrates Annual Meeting will be held in UK, in Brighton, on Saturday 1 November at 14:00.
- Presentation of activities conducted during the year 2013/14
- Presentation on the Naucrates Conservation Project, Thailand
- Approval of the annual balance of the year 2013/14
- Presentation of future plans
- Discussion of new member ideas
- Nominate the winners of the Naucrates Photographer of the Year Competition
Everyone is welcome, all participants must register as Naucrates member for 2014 .
For the occasion, we are organizing activities for all of you coming in UK.
Here is a possible plan:
- Arrival DAY. Check in into your individual hotels.
- Meet at the Lesley Russell’s flat for dinner and drinks! (details to be forwarded)
- h. 10.00 A brief tour of Brighton
- h. 12.30 Lunch in town
- h.14.30-19.00 Naucrates Annual Meeting (meeting place central Brighton)
After the meeting lets all pose for a group photo!
- h. 19.00 Sample one or 2 of Brighton’s marvellous pubs!
- h. 20.15 Dinner in Brighton (Poss Indian, poss Italian – open to offers!)
There’s lots to do at Brighton – but some of it will depend on the weather! Here’s some options listed below – or you might just want to stay in bed….
- Fun on Brighton pier
- Crazy golf!
- A walk along the seafront to Hove
- A picnic on the beach (weather permitting)?!
- Afternoon tea in a VERY English tea shop
- Brighton museum (more exiting than it sounds!)
- Brighton Pavilion
- A trip by open top bus to The South Downs, lovely hilly countryside just outside Brighton
PS For those of you that have the time, you are welcome to stay longer in the area.
Deadline for subscription: 5 September 2014.
- Payment of the meeting registration fee of 25€/18£, social dinner 35€/25£ and Naucrates annual membership (25€/18£ for those who did not join the project season 2012-2013) are required to confirm your participation at the meeting.